The conference, held in Philadelphia from Monday-Wednesday, October 17-19, 2022, gathered together more than 150 HTK financial professionals, employees and valued partners of HTK.
"Transformation was a key theme of this event: HTK is transforming to best serve independent financial professionals and their clients, and financial advice has transformed, especially in the post-pandemic world and in the wake of continued market volatility," says Aaron Gordon, HTK president. "We appreciate HTK financial professionals taking the time to join us for the firm's first in-person, large-scale, educational and networking event in a few years. I hope that the connections made, ideas shared and insights delivered will carry with all our attendees in the days to come."
Keynote presenters included:
- Michael Kitces, financial advice industry influencer, podcaster and blogger at Kitces.com, and co-founder of AdvicePay, in which HTK has a newly expanded relationship to support the complete end-to-end, fee-based financial planning experience. Kitces' riveting presentation spoke to the historic context of financial advice, five trends shaping the future of advice and how financial professionals can elevate their value proposition to clients;
- Dana D'Auria, co-chief investment office and group president, Envestnet Solutions. Envestnet powers HTK's signature investment advisory series platform, and D'Auria shared ideas and insights on investment solutions within the age of hyper-personalization;
- Lee Rubin, former college athlete and motivational speaker. Rubin closed the conference with an engaging, inspiring talk on the five components of extraordinary teams.
Other highlights of the conference included:
- Business and market updates from HTK and Penn Mutual enterprise leaders, including Aaron Gordon, HTK president, Mark Heppenstall, chief investment officer and president, Penn Mutual Asset Management, and Dave O'Malley, president and CEO, Penn Mutual;
- Panel discussions with HTK top financial professionals;
- Sixteen educational breakout sessions covering new initiatives at HTK, practice management and development, solutions and services, tools and technology, including sessions eligible for Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®) continuing education credits;
- Practice Management Pavilion central networking reception with representatives from HTK and Penn Mutual and HTK partners and event sponsors.
Special thanks to HTK Discover22 sponsors: AssetMark; Brinker Capital Investments, an Orion company, keynote sponsor for Lee Rubin's presentation; eMoney, premier sponsor for the Practice Management Pavilion; Mariner Wealth Advisors; Morningstar Managed Portfolios; and SEI.
See photos in the slideshow below: